Robert from Ohio is a Monokote Master! He writes:
Hi, I am very proud and just wanted to send some pictures
and info on the Venture 60 that I just completed.
* Futaba BB servos on all control surfaces
* The plane is set up with dual aileron servos, by enlarging the stock
servo opening in the wing,
installing extended mounting rails, installing
two servos side by side and
utilized the stock torque arms for actuation.
* Sullivan "Golden rods" throughout
* The location of the landing gear is forward 3/4"
* The engine is an "Irvine" .72 swinging a 13 x 6 APC
* The fuel tank is a Sullivan 12oz. slant style.
* The plane is covered utilizing "hand cut" monokote in too many
colors to list, while the
wing tops are true "scale" replications of
original candy boxes. Every
piece of this scheme is hand cut monokote.
* No I do not have any affiliation to
Good & Plenty or whomever makes
this candy nowadays. I just
picked up the box at a store a few months
back and wondered if I could duplicate it on a wing.
* The pilot is hand painted by my wife to match the overall plane
scheme (she's much better
than me at the hand painting stuff)