"I'm including some photos of my DV during
and at completion.
I flew it last weekend for the first time. It was a pretty windy day so
put in one flight. Seems to fly OK but it's a little early to pass
"With all the mods to the airframe the CG came in at
21.5 inches. I didn't
add any weight. The engine is a JettFIRE 95 with a 14x6 prop. Seems to
along just fine. Ground clearance is a little close. I ,may go to a
The nose wheel is 2.5 inches and the mains are 3. I moved the firewall
about 7/8 inch and cowled the engine (balsa).
"A couple of other construction details I forgot to
mention that might be of
- Added a top and bottom balsa spar behind the retracts extended to
- Added a bottom balsa spar in front of the retracts (used the original
in the ribs intended for the main gear hard wood block)
- Couldn't figure out a clean way to run the activation wire to the
from the main retract servo, so I added a second retract servo for the
in the nose gear compartment.
- Sheeted an additional 2 bays on both wings - top and bottom. I almost
convinced myself to to just sheet the entire wing but decided it was
- Moved the steering and throttle servos to the rear compartment.
- Put the battery in the back of the wing, right in front of the TE-
- Placed the tank behind the "engine box" since the nose gear occupied
that space now
- Since I had to split almost the entire bottom sheeting to gain access
center compartments I use 3/32 aircraft ply for the single, long hatch
screwed it to hardwood rails glued to the outside bottom of the center
"That's about it. Haven't weighed it so don't how much
extra weigh was added
but I would guess it weighs at least 1 LB more than stock.
"The retracts are DB Southern